Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 21, 2012

The flight

My mother's fear of the outside world resulted in me growing up in the corner of my room in our village house. I had never been in a plane! Never needed to since my parents were never big on traveling. So the first time I got on a plane was my flight to the US and boy was it a long flight! Be sure to pick the right airline for you. Some might be expensive than others but trust me, the cheaper ones are cheap for a reason. If your flight to the US is going to be more than ten hours, then better not think of saving that extra cash on the flight. I chose Qatar Airways because it has been awarded the best airline in the world by Skytrax. I did not regret choosing it. The plane was spacious and even though I was in the economy cabin, I had enough space around me to avoid those awkward physical contacts with the next passenger. Also the entertainment system was really good. The screen was of a decent size and had a good collection of movies and TV shows.

Do check the website of whatever airline you choose. Most of them come with the options of selecting your seats and meal preference. For long flights, do not make the mistake of choosing the window seat. You will need to go to the rest room and to the self service at the back. So if you get the isle seat, you won't be holding it just because you don't want to wake up the passenger sitting next to you. Besides, you won't be missing out much anyway since most of the flight will be above the clouds.

Also, do not forget to sign up for the airlines miles club. Do know that you will be making more than one trips to the US. All those miles piling up will help you fly like a smug executive in the business class some day! Of the things that you should carry on the plane with you, a neck pillow might help. It will help you head stay in one place and not swing like a pendulum unless you have a pretty person sitting next to you and you wanna end up on their shoulder. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment